For Immediate Release
October 23, 2020
CITY OF BRIDGEPORT POLICE DEPARTMENT, EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER ADVISE BUSINESS OWNERS ON HOW TO PREVENT BEING A VICTIM OF ROBBERY
BRIDGEPORT, CT – Bridgeport Police Department and Emergency Operations Center are advising business owners on how to prevent being the victim of a robbery and report criminal activity in the city. In a video posted to the Police, EOC social media accounts, and the City of Bridgeport website, tips include:
• When leaving your place of business at night, feel free to call the Bridgeport Police Department for an escort.
• Ensure lighting is substantial in and around your business.
• Do not keep large sums of cash on hand.
• If you have a safe in your place of business, use it.
• At night, leave tills open and empty.
• If you have large store front windows, please keep them free from signs and displays.
• When arriving at your place of business in the morning, evening, or whenever you first open, drive around the building to check for suspicious activity.
• If for any reason you feel uncomfortable about a suspicious person or vehicle in the area, please call the Bridgeport Police Department immediately at 203-576-7671.
For the video detailing on how to prevent crime, click here. Any information on occurrences of crime can be anonymously reported by calling the Bridgeport Police tips line at 203-576-TIPS.