Connecticut is currently working with healthcare institutions to serve as COVID-19 vaccine providers, while ensuring proper storage for the vaccine. City officials will be following guidance and direction as provided by the State of Connecticut and the CDC. Bridgeport DPH will communicate with residents via social and mainstream media in addition to working directly with community partners to provide updates on the city’s vaccine distribution plan.
To view the State of Connecticut's phases of distribution & when your family may qualify for vaccination, Click here.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE DURING PHASE 1A
- Healthcare personnel paid or unpaid who's work has the potential for direct or indirect exposure.
- First responders paid or unpaid who's work has the potential for direct or indirect exposure (EMT, Police, Fire)
- Long term care facility residents that do not live independently and rely on the facility for medical or personal care.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE DURING PHASE 1B:
At this time we are scheduling: Individuals aged 75+
The following individuals will be gradually phased in for scheduling:
Members & staff of congregate settings
Individuals between the ages of 16-64 with high risk medical conditions
Individuals between the ages of 65-74
Frontline Essential Workers (Conditions apply, click here to view details provided by the State of CT DPH).
TO REGISTER FOR VACCINATION
If you are an individual who qualifies for vaccination your employer or organization is responsible for your enrollment in the Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS).
Once enrolled you will receive an email allowing you to register and create an account within VAMS. This account provides you the ability to schedule/modify appointments at one of the several healthcare clinics offering vaccination.
If you are eligible for vaccination and do not have the option to be vaccinated through your employer/organization you may:
- Enroll yourself into VAMS by using the Connecticut Department of Health's VAMS enrollment page. To access click here.
- Individuals who do not have access to an email address may schedule by phone at 1-877-918-2224
For more information about the Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS) click here.
For a list of frequently asked questions, click here
To learn more about the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, click here
To learn more about the Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine, click here