Temporary Tent Permit Application Submittal Procedures
A Temporary Tent Permit (Building Permit) is required for the erection of a structure, enclosure or shelter, with or without side walls or drops, constructed of fabric or pliable material supported in any manner except by air or the contents it protects, per Connecticut State Building Code.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Pursuant to section 29-263 of the CGS, application for a permit shall be made by the owner of the property or by an authorized agent.
TEMPORAY TENT PERMIT APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Until further notice the following procedures are in place:
All applications are to be submitted electronically by email to Building@BridgeportCT.Gov. All required and supporting documents are to be submitted in PDF format
Provide the Following:
- Select “Application for Building Permit” and complete the application [Include value of work and email addresses] Note: Applications are in a fillable format, and do not require printing or scanning (unless if printed and information is handwritten) Download application or print. Note: If printed a PDF copy will need to be made of the application. NOTE: Permit applications must be signed by the property owner
- Required documents to be submitted with tent permit application:
- Copy of Workers’ Compensation Insurance Certificate for tent erection company or if Sole Proprietor a signed & notarized affidavit is required.
- If agent – Provide a letter, on company letterhead, signed by the licensed holder - indicating the agents name as the authorized representative, type of permit, address of the work, and anticipated start date. Agent must show photo identification.
- Site plan or plot plan showing locations of existing structures and tent on the property
- Certificate of Flame Retardant for tent membrane
- Copies of all applicable pre-approvals from Federal Government, CT State and/or City of Bridgeport
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 222
Bridgeport, CT 06604