Sign Permit Application Submittal Procedure
A Sign Permit is required for the erection, alteration, repair, relocation, maintain components of, or replacement of signs, per Connecticut State Building Code. Examples of the type of work requiring a Sign Permit include, but is not limited to, ground signs, pole signs, wall signs, projecting signs and roof signs.
WHO CAN APPLY:
Any Person holding a valid City of Bridgeport Sign License and, if applicable, a Connecticut C-7 or C-8 License or a Authorized Agent for the Holder may apply for a Sign Permit.
SIGN PERMIT APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Until further notice the following procedures are in place:
All Applications are to be submitted electronically by email to Building@BridgeportCT.Gov. All Required and Supporting Documents are to be submitted in PDF format.
Provide the Following:
- Select “Application for Sign Permit” and complete the application [Include value of work and email addresses] Note: Applications are in a fillable format, and do not require printing or scanning (unless if printed and information is handwritten) Download application or print. Note: If printed a PDF copy will need to be made of the application. NOTE: Permit applications must be signed by the property owner
- Required documents to be submitted with Sign Permit Application:
- Copy of current Sign License
- If agent – Provide a Letter, on Company Letterhead, signed by the Licensed Holder - indicating the agents name as the authorized representative, type of permit, address of the work, and anticipated start date. Agent must show photo identification.
- Site Plan or Plot Plan showing locations of signs.
3. Typical Supporting Documents to be submitted as applicable:
- Detailed Written Scope of Work
- Detailed Construction Drawings and Specifications
- Copies of all applicable Pre-Approvals from Federal Government, CT State and/or Historic Commission.
4. Once the application is complete, and PDF copies are made of the required and supporting documents, submit Application and All Required and Supporting Documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Architect and/or Engineer's seal and signature on al plans as provide by State Building Code 2018, Section 107.1
Statement of Special Inspections as required by State Building code 2018, Section 1704.2.3
Per City Ordinance 15.08.020 - No Permits can be issued by the Building Department if there are delinquent Property Tax and/or WPCA Sewer User Fees.
CONSULT THESE RESOURCES FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Building Energy Codes Program: RES check and COM check
Connecticut State Building Code
Request for Modification of the State Building Code
Work Exempt from Building Permit
Call Before You Dig 811.com
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 222
Bridgeport, CT 06604