Holiday Celebrating Safely Tips
In accordance with the limiting of private gatherings to ten people announced by Governor Lamont with the rollback to Phase 2.1, Mayor Ganim and Health Director Lisa Morrissey provide residents with tips to ensure an enjoyable holiday season while preventing further transmission of COVID-19 in the City of Bridgeport. Celebrating Safety Tips include:
- Enjoy a small dinner only with people who live in your household
- Prepare traditional recipes for relatives and neighbors, especially those at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19, and deliver meals in a way that doesn’t involve contact with others; curbside drop off or curbside pickup.
- Celebrate a virtual dinner and share recipes with friends and family via Facetime, Zoom, or other digital platforms.
- Thanksgiving “Reunion” Eve - if you meet with friends, do so with a max capacity of 10 people, outside, with all parties wearing masks and keeping appropriate distance. Remember, you are doing this for your loved ones so as not to contract the virus and spread COVID among your family members.
- Shop online rather than in person the day after Thanksgiving or on Cyber Monday.