The City of Bridgeport has developed its Homeowner Rehabilitation Program in order to provide no-interest forgivable loans to Bridgeport homeowners who have emergency needs, Housing/health code violation issues, and/or other replacement needs to make their home safe and energy efficient.
To be eligible for the City of Bridgeport’s Homeowner Rehabilitation Program, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Homeowner must occupy the property being considered for the rehabilitation program as their principal residence.
- Household must meet HUD income guidelines as detailed on page three of the application.
- Household income is defined as the total income for all members of the household who are over 18 years of age.
- The homeowner must have homeowners insurance on the property to be assisted at time of application, and must maintain coverage throughout the period of the Homeowner Rehabilitation Program loan.
- If the property is located in a FEMA flood zone, the homeowner must have and maintain flood insurance on the property.
- Homeowner must be current with City of Bridgeport property taxes.
- Homeowner must be current with Water Pollution Control Authority assessments.
- Property must be free of all other liens and encumbrances.
For more information , click here.
To apply, click here
Deputy Director of OPED
999 Broad Street
Bridgeport, CT 06604